Where were you in 1990? Were you born? Studying? At another job?
- The minimum wage was $5.30
- Prime Minister Brian Mulroney introduced the GST
- The Nordiques were playing in the NHL
- It was the fall of communism in the U.S.S.R.
- Germany was reunited after the fall of the Berlin Wall
- We were in a full recession and in economic crisis
- The interest rate was between 13 and 16%
- 1 out of 4 homes were for sale in Canada
- The stock market crashed in the United States
- IBM had a financial loss for the first time in its history
- And I started my own IT company: Present
While IT was being implemented at an accelerated rate in companies and was replacing manual operations such as accounting and inventory management, demand exceeded supply and suppliers were being arrogant with customers.
Being born into a sales family and having learnt to have the highest respect for customers, I felt very uncomfortable in this environment. With 3 years of IT experience in hand, I decided to start something that would fit my values.
That’s, by the way, what inspired my choice of company name: Present! Present in the sense of presence in customer service, to be there for the client.
And it’s even more true today because over the years I have recruited passionate people who are motivated to help our clients succeed, which has become our motto. Also important, to last and still be relevant after 30 years, we have always been able to adapt and foresee the trends that will serve our clients.
A team passionate about IT and helping clients succeed in their projects, the knowledge of what is done in other companies and other industries, people trained on the cutting edge of technological solutions and who have implemented them over and over again. This is what makes up a seasoned team.
And what is a company if not its team.
If you want to have an impact on the success of your business and you’re looking to ally with a real partner who is there to support you and complement you in this mission, we are there for you, that is our raison d’être.
What we strive for and what we do: be spectacular!
With Present, your future is assured!
Marc Beaulieu, president