Mandate duration: February 15, 2021 to September 17, 2021
Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (7 hours per day).
Location: Montreal Corporate Office / Work from home due to COVID-19
Specifics technical qualifications
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure architecture and technologies, such as:
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (vSAN, Nutanix)
- Storage (HPE, Dell/EMC)
- Backup Solutions (Commvault, NetBackup)
- Networking (Cisco)
- Windows and Linux OS Environments
- Data Centers
- Centralized and distributed environments
- VCP certification is an asset;
- French and English, written and spoken
- Results oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven change management skills
- Good in creating presentation for management
- Team player
- Capable of dealing with different priorities in parallel and meeting deadlines
Role and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of the Infrastructure Program, which includes infrastructure refresh and Hyperconverged Infrastructure deployment, Datacenter optimization and consolidation strategy as well as Modern Data Protection and Backup Tool Refresh.
- Contribute to the Infrastructure design and delivery of any other projects, initiatives, and activities that are identified as a priority for Corporate IT or the lines of business.
- Identify changes needed in the infrastructure / technology configuration for virtualization, storage and Cloud;
- Identify current and projected system limitations to achieve the technology organization goals;
- Assess impact of proposed changes to the infrastructure on the existing technologies for virtualization, storage and Cloud and recommend the most appropriate solution;
- Analyze infrastructure capacity and provide forecasting in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs;
- Serve as the focal point for infrastructure related requests for virtualization, storage and Cloud;
- Design an effective test plan for any new / changed infrastructure technology and work with Project Managers and their counterpart in the Operations group to ensure its implementation before the client takes possession of the system;
- Infrastructure design and delivery of assigned projects, which includes the Infrastructure Modernization (Hyperconverged Infrastructure deployment), Datacenter optimization and consolidation as well as Modern Data Protection (Backup Tool Refresh).
- Infrastructure assessments and recommendations.