Level 2 Support Technician
Location : Montreal
Start Date: September 2018
Type of position: Permanent
Sector: Information Technology
PRESENT is looking for a full time, Montreal-based Level 2 Support Technician for its growing managed services division. The Level 2 Support Technician will be part of a team of talented and motivated individuals providing essential, reliable and exceptional IT support for our clients’ users.
If you are looking to grow and develop to your full potential in a dynamic environment, with an exceptional corporate culture where collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of success, we have a position for you.
- Work as part of our IT Support team in providing level 2 technical support to our customers.
- Respond to incoming help requests via phone, or emails to our ticketing system in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Prioritize and schedule help requests in order to adhere to SLAs.
- Update ticket activity with accuracy and in real-time.
- Perform onsite support visits in a formal business setting.
- Exceed customers’ expectations; under promise and over deliver.
- Communicate directly and clearly with customers.
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with the maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of various technology environments; prior experience working within the managed services realm is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of multiple operating systems and basic IT security.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, antispam and Outlook.
- Hands-on experience with setup, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches and other networking hardware.
- Strong knowledge of network fundamentals, networking standards, tools and utilities.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Experience with cloud providers, such as AWS and Azure.
- Experienced in setting up new desktops along with diagnosing issues and making repairs.
- Very experienced using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and common desktop software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with customers, prospects and employees.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects; passion to learn and grow.
- Must be a strong team player while also having the ability to think independently.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Projecting a positive, joyous attitude.
- French and English verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
Present : IT Solutions & Services