There are many possible obstacles to IT success; unforeseen interruptions, natural disasters, sabotage and accidents to name a few. Business continuity planning protects your information and the infrastructure of your systems and as well as ensures its availability when you need them. Management in case of an unforeseen event is only part of the objective, having a solid plan allows you to foresee any challenges before they may become a crisis.
Present offers Trader’s Quick-EDD/HA a continuity and security suite for your IBM System i.
Benefits of Quick-EDD/HA
- Assures the highest integrity of data and replications in real time
- Synchronous Replication based on CCI (Core Cycle Information) Technology which is deemed by IBM as the best method to assure system availability at all times.
- Detection and selection of information to transmit
- Send information to targeted system
- Apply changes to targeted system
- Confirmation to the source system that the changes have been applied with success to the targeted system.
- Replication engine based on SIP (Sequence Integrity Processing) technology.
- Remote object synchronization based on a unique function that does not require locking databases or objects and does not utilize the standard SAVE/RESTORE function of objects. Therefore there are no restrictions on user applications using COMMIT CONTROL.
- The simplest and quickest to deploy
- The configuration occurs on the source system only and includes data as well as objects.
- Requires the least amount of time to manage and the least amount of manual intervention
- The synchronisation is entirely automatic and is transparent to users.
- No manual intervention is required to resynchronise objects that are out of sync, it is corrected automatically in real time.
- Requires less than 5 minutes of daily management.
- Highest performing and most economical (up to four times less CPU used)
- Thanks to the effectiveness of the functionalities developed in machine language, Quick EDD uses only 2-5% of CPU.
- Does not use temporary disk space on the source and targeted systems.
- Does not require synchronized linked control operations.