At Present, we also provide you with portal development skills. Since a typical solution will involve several components from different areas, we can provide you with the resources you need from all of them:
You will need resources to develop your business logic and that logic will be part of the back-end. It could easily be contained in third party applications, legacy systems or brand new applications on a WebSphere Application Server. We can then connect with the back-end through an integration layer composed of web servers, an enterprise service bus, or high-performance datapower devices.
The portlet development in a portal solution is a no brainer. However, there is several techniques to develop portlets into a composite application. The following are only a few:
- Web experience factory, formerly Portlet factory, for easy to deploy and develop portlet for simple day-to-day operations
- JSR286, WSRP 2.0 for state-of-the-art portal development
- Legacy development standards like WSRP 1.0, JSR 168 and IBM API are also supported
- AJAX development and SOAP integration for REST and Web services integration
In order to marvelously complete the back-end and portlet development, we also need to encapsulate that portlet development with front-end tools and framework that will come and fine-tune our solutions. Within that context, we will find the following:
- Web 2.0 toolsets; AJAX through Dojo or jQuery.
- Portal themes & skins through JSP and tag library development
- Spring MVC, JSF (Java Server Faces) and Struts frameworks
- Social media integration